[Libav-user] What is a good audio codec to get started with?

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Sun Dec 28 18:57:34 CET 2014

Hi Guys,

I am working on adding a sound stream alongside a h264 video stream.  The
project I have started from is this plugin for openframeworks:
https://github.com/HalfdanJ/ofxStreamer/blob/master/src/ofxStreamerSender.cpp

I have generally had a hard time finding examples on how to add a audio
stream into the transport stream and its hard to make progress by guessing
codec parameters.

The stream I have tried adding is AAC, but that seems to crash when I
actually send it data. So I suspect my precompiled library does not support
it.

What audio codec is so default so it would make sense to start with using
that?

If you happen to be on Chaos Communication Congress (31C3), let me know as
I would like to meet someone with more experience than I in this area.

Kind regards.

Jesper Taxbøl