[Libav-user] Changing frame size for audio encoding

Taha Ansari mtaha.ansari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:12:49 CET 2014

Hi,

Using muxing sample that comes with documentation, inside open_audio()
function, this is called:

    /* open it */
    ret = avcodec_open2(c, codec, NULL) ;
    if ( ret < 0)
    {
        fprintf(stderr, "could not open codec\n");
        return -1;
        //exit(1);
    }

    if (c->codec->capabilities & CODEC_CAP_VARIABLE_FRAME_SIZE)
        audio_output_frame_size = 10000;
    else
        audio_output_frame_size = c->frame_size;

For an encoder like Vorbis, according to their docs (
http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/Vorbis_I_spec.html):

" legal frame sizes are powers of two from 64 to 8192 samples", but after
avcodec_open2() function returns, I get c->frame_size equal to 64.

How can I increase codec's frame size to a higher value as allowed by it's
documentation?

Thanks in advance