[Libav-user] AVFilterGraph and an In-Memory Image

Stephen H. Gerstacker stephen at napkinstudio.com
Fri Feb 28 15:54:02 CET 2014

I'm making an AVFilterGraph in code. I need to apply a watermark to the video.

My assumption is that I need to use the "movie" AVFilter to then overlay it. My watermark is just stored in memory, not in a file, so I'm unsure how to point the "movie" filter to use that watermark?

Can someone clarify how I would do that?

My current filter graph is basically:

buffer -> (optional rotation) -> scale -> pad -> buffersink

The watermark would come in after the pad and overlaid there.

- Stephen