[Libav-user] Can I encode and decode bytes in audio by FFmpeg?

Mani Wang mani95lisa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:31:03 CET 2014

Hi, guys

Thanks for your time to read my email first. I’m new about audio, but I have to make this done:

1. Add a few bytes of data to a sound file and generate a new sound file.
2. If I convert that file to any sound format, these bytes data should still there.
3. When I play that file anywhere, I pick up the sound with mobile phone microphone and got these bytes back.

The most important is “Encoding” and “Decoding”, can FFmpeg encode and decode? Like this paper said: HIDING TEXT IN AUDIO USING MULTIPLE LSB
STEGANOGRAPHY AND PROVIDE SECURITY
USING CRYPTOGRAPHY

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Best Regards,
Mani Wang