[Libav-user] Memory grows after libavformat upgrade

Massimo Battistel battistel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:01:41 CEST 2014

hello,
I have an application that:

takes an input --> process --> output

Both input and output are ASF/rawvideo/pcm_s16le and application runs 24/7.
No decode/encode is performed. Just asf demux/mux.

Using zeranoe build of 26 apr 2014 memory is stable over long periods of
time.

Upgrading to 16 may 2014 I can see that memory grows ~2MB/day.
Also latest builds show the same behaviour.

If debugging application with dr.Memory I see no memory leaks at all.

After 26 apr there have been only 3 commits in asfenc.c, but I can't
understand if they are relevant or not.

I would like to know if this is a true issue (memory leak) or a feature
(some index table added) and if it is possible to restore old behaviour.

thanks,
MB