[Libav-user] How to accurately record beyond 6 hours file's super index in avi container with ffmpeg API

谭艳梅 tanyanmei at shineon.cc
Fri Jul 18 05:21:32 CEST 2014

Hey  guys:

   I encoded video with ffmpeg API in my project. The video container is AVI, no audio, only video storage. And the video recording time is 6 hours and 30 minutes, after repeated comparison, I found that as long as more than 6 hours of video such as the 8 hours, file decoder can only identify as little more than 6 hours.

   After trace my program, I found that the super index in avi head records for each RIFF position. but ffmpeg only reserved 255 for this super index, generally can only record 6 hours of RIFF position. the follow-up time of RIFF are not record in the super index. Generally, my analytic processes need to read super index to localization RIFF and to get the file's length,  this problem is particularly serious when we seek the file.

 How to accurately record beyond 6 hours file's super index in avi container with ffmpeg API?

 Anyone has any idea?  thank you for any assistance!

 yanmei tan