[Libav-user] qmin qmax settings for libx265 (HEVC) not functional

Taha Ansari mtaha.ansari at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 07:03:56 CEST 2014

>> > Where did you find them? I just updated x265 and
>> > did not find these options.
>>
>> I downloaded 32 builds from here: http://builds.x265.eu/
>> entitled "latest build".
>
> Did you try to use the options that you say are
> missing from FFmpeg's wrapper?

They rely on qpfile (a proper file containing qp data I assume); I'm
not really sure how to use that option - it's a separate question
altogether.

But the point is: the option 'is' present, otherwise wouldn't be a
documented feature. How we use it (or learn how to use it), and put
compatibility inside FFmpeg, is another thing.