[Libav-user] configuring the max_packet_size

declan harrison harrison.declan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:21:34 CEST 2014

Hi

I'm wondering is it possible to configure the max_packet_size, when
performing writes of large frames.

So I have defined ffmpeg to use a custom protocol handler in my
application, so the write method of my handler gets called by the API when
it writes out the packet from the MP4 muxer.

What I'm seeing is that if I write a h264 encoded frame say of 70K+ bytes,
then, I see 3 writes to my the custom write handler I have defined.

So I can see in libavformat/aviobuf.c IO_BUFFER_SIZE=32768 defined, which
is then used to define the max size which is then used by the write method
in the same file.

I'm wondering is there a way to configure this max_packet_size easily and
is there issues I should be aware of in doing so.  So i suspect the memory
footprint would increase.

Thanks
Declan