[Libav-user] Simplified demux/decode/encode/mux

Harald Schlangmann harry at gps-laptimer.de
Sun Mar 2 09:20:52 CET 2014

Thanks Nicolas, very helpful and precise feedback!

> For most formats and codecs, this is valid. This is what the ffmpeg
> command-line tool does when you use “-c copy".

I will check the source for the copy option.

> Second, and that applies both for packets just encoded and packets copied
> from the input as is: you need to rescale the packet's PTS and DTS to the
> stream’s time base.

Just to make sure I do not miss anything here… As I copy the time_base from the source too, I assume a rescale is not necessary?

Greetings Harald

-
Harald Schlangmann
Antwerpener Str. 52, 50672 Köln, Germany
+49 151 2265 4439
Harry at gps-laptimer.de
www.gps-laptimer.de