[Libav-user] segmentation fault on avcodec_decode_video2( ) call

Joshua Kordani jkordani at lsa2.com
Tue Mar 11 00:23:00 CET 2014

On 3/10/14 12:09 PM, Jason Blum wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> > Run again with unstripped libavcodec and post backtrace
> > or valgrind output here.
>
> Would I compile the unstripped libavcodec by changing the make file,
> removing the "-s" and then re-running make? Are there other
> optimization flags that I should turn off?
>
> I'll do this ASAP, but it won't be until the evening :/
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

You would rerun the configure call with the --disable-stripping flag and
--enable-debug.  with --enable-debug, the --help flag indicates that it
accepts an =level, where level is simply text? appended to the -g flag
passed to the assembler and compiler.  so --enable-debug=gdb would
create a compiler flag of -ggdb, if you needed to specify whatever it is
that this specifies.  I don't know if you need to leave it blank for -g,
or remove the = sign, or if -g is default.

If you want to reuse your old configure line, do a head of config.mak,
and that will give you the last configure line that was run, so you can
copy paste and add the new flags and go from there.

--
Joshua Kordani
LSA Autonomy