[Libav-user] List of FMT for available decoders

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 11 18:26:04 CET 2014

Ingo Foerster <foerster at ...> writes:

> What I ment is the Sample_fmt of the audioc codec,
> as sample: AV_SAMPLE_FMT_S16
> There are many audio codecs available and it will
> be very helpful to have a list of the decoders
> and sample-fmt

The list of audio sample formats for each decoder is in
AVCodec->sample_fmts but allow me to repeat that the
output formats are expected to (possibly) change from
revision to revision, you have to read sample_fmt.

> to write own converters.

I may misunderstand but you should really leave
conversion to either the aresample filter or the
libswresample library.

Carl Eugen