[Libav-user] stack smash on return

Jason Blum jason.j.blum at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 04:16:33 CET 2014

Still working on decoding the AR.Drone 2.0's h264 video stream. I am
no longer getting the segmentation faults immediately upon calling
avcodec_decode_video2(), but I am getting a stack smash termination
when I exit my fetch_and_decode() function.

The got_picture_ptr has been set to 1 and the function returns the
size of the AVPacket I fed it. I free the AVPacket, then try to return
from fetch_and_decode(), but it immediately terminates due to a stack
smash.

my latest source code: http://pastebin.com/XsZm5GVt
the corresponding valgrind output: http://pastebin.com/pvpRcZUM

I'm trying to follow the "demuxing_decoding.c" example in terms of
what I need to do to avoid memory leaks and such. But I don't
understand why the stack smash is happening as I return from a
function rather than at some meat-and-potatoes array operation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason