[Libav-user] stack smash on return

Jason Blum jason.j.blum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 02:36:45 CET 2014

> valgrind should help with such problems

>From everything I've been reading online, buffer overrun is one of the
things valgrind is least suited for, though there is an experimental
option called sgcheck.

I found my error, and it was so simple that it was hiding in plain
sight. In fetch_and_decode( ) I was using 76 as the size of the PaVE
header in a memcpy command, which is more than what the structure is
defined as. Yet another strike against Parrot's confusing
documentation vs. practical application with their product.

Fixing that leads to what seems like a healthy output.