[Libav-user] Replacement for release_buffer

Info || Non-Lethal Applications info at non-lethal-applications.com
Thu Mar 27 22:37:35 CET 2014

I’m fairly new to ffmpeg. Thus, I worked through the excellent tutorials of Stephen Dranger.
In his tutorial number 5, he presents a method to get the correct pts of a given frame.

This involves setting a custom get_buffer and release_buffer function to the AVCodecContext.
As both of these are now deprecated, I used get_buffer2 but I couldn’t get a replacement for release_buffer.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Best,

Flo