[Libav-user] Replacement for release_buffer

Info || Non-Lethal Applications info at non-lethal-applications.com
Fri Mar 28 00:16:03 CET 2014

I have seen this update but it also still uses both a custom get_buffer (the tut was updated to use get_buffer2) and a custom release_buffer.

My custom get_buffer is called but the release_buffer is not. Thus, I'm allocating memory I can't free (or at least I wouldn't know where the best place would be).

Stephen Dranger wrote that there are certain circumstances where the pts is not correct and thus he introduced this get/release buffer workaround to always retrieve a correct pts.

Can anyone tell me if this is still required? I'd just like to be sure to always get the correct pts.

Thanks!