[Libav-user] Motion estimation : replacement for deprecated AVFrame::motion_val ?

cyril poulet xenosender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 14:46:33 CET 2014

Thanks for the advice.
On my particular case, I'm interested in detecting overlays, so it's not
really about estimating the motion but more estimating what's not moving.
Recent papers have obtained good results by estimating a first approximate
overlay position directly on these MVs, though after that you effectively
have to work on parts of the decoded frames.
Anyway, thanks for the explanation !