[Libav-user] Calculate spectrogram from the audio channel

Ricky Huang rhuang.work at gmail.com
Sat May 3 02:48:37 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I am trying to reproduce the Shazam algorithm as outlined in Avery Wang's paper "An Industrial-Strength Audio Search Algorithm" (http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dpwe/papers/Wang03-shazam.pdf).  One of the step in this is to convert the audio to spectrogram and identify the spectrogram peaks.  I am wondering if building a custom audio-filter for ffmpeg would be the correct way to go?  If so, does anyone have any pointers on converting the audio data to spectrogram for me?  (algorithm to use, things to note, etc?)

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.