[Libav-user] Decoding while receiving via http on Android

trueskew trueskew at gmail.com
Sat May 31 11:52:56 CEST 2014

I've got ffmpeg hooked into Android working with an OMX plugin, and it works
great with files, I can play with Gallery, or with a simple video player.
But I need to send a live stream to it.

I'm doing so with a small http server, and testing with a file.  That works,
but it doesn't start playing until the entire file transfers, no matter how
big the file is. which means sometimes I get out-of-memory errors.

What else do I need to do to get it to render while it's reading data,
instead waiting for all of it?

Thanks.

Skew