[Libav-user] libavformat HLS, possible bug in hls_write_trailer

Mehul bitsmaker at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:19:42 CET 2014

Hello,
I was using libavformat to stream live using the HLS formatter. It works very well until the point where my application is exiting. On exit I call "hls_write_trailer", the final ".ts" file exists but when the ".m3u8" file is updated I see an invalid file name as shown in the attachment below.
I looked over the code in "hlsenc.c". When the call to hls_write_trailer is made it calls avformat_free_context(oc), where oc = hls->avf. After this call "hls_append_segment" is called which uses hls->avf->filename. I am guessing this causes the invalid file name to appear. If my analysis is wrong (I did not actually step through a
debugger) I apologize for wasting your time. In that case please point me in the right direction. If not then will there be a fix soon?
Thanks