[Libav-user] avio raw yuv

Anthony Clark clarka193 at potsdam.edu
Thu Sep 11 23:16:49 CEST 2014

Hey all,

I have a YUV file I created with something like `ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -c:v
rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p out.yuv`. I want to use libav* to retrieve video
frames from this raw file. Any clues? So far I just create an
`av_file_map` and get the data that way - it's a little primitive. Does
YUV have a demuxer? Decoder? I couldn't find anything in 2.2.4's source
but maybe I looked at the wrong things.

Oh, I should note that using the `avio_reading.c` example in 2.2.x fails
on `avformat_open_input` - telling me YUV/raw is a little special. Any
help is greatly appreciated!