[Libav-user] iOS video player

Deron deron at pagestream.org
Mon Sep 15 20:04:00 CEST 2014

Has anyone successfully used libav to build a video player that can play
720p video on an iPhone/iPad? I've got a test app written that uses
ffplay as a model and it plays, but the decode rate is in a single digit
frames per second range. I realize that my code, the ffmpeg build, or
the wind could be the cause but before I dig into these possibilities
I'm wondering if such a thing is even possible. I installed the VLC app
and it was no better, which doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Thanks for any guidance,

Deron