[Libav-user] Problem with compressing AAC files with sampling rate 16000

adev dev androiddevmar11 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 10:28:23 CEST 2014

I am not using command line. It is done in code in Android project. Some
devices cannot record sound with 192000 and 44100 probably due to some
hardware limitations. In such case Android dicreases params to 96000 and
16000.

I can reproduce the issue when I record sound with sampling rate 32000 and
try to compress it with samling rate 44100 on FFMPEG side. Sound is very
fast and it ends before the movie is ended. I this specific case setting
sampling rate to 32000 on FFMPEG side fixes the problem and sound is
correctly compressed.

So it looks that at least for sampling rate 16000 there is problem. I will
check with 2.4 version with patch and without path. But it can take quit a
long time, building FFMPEG and updated code if some functions no longer
exists in 2.4(deprecated in 2.1). I will get back to you. Thanks.