[Libav-user] C-Sample code for an RTP Video streaming Server

robotanarchy robotanarchy at bingo-ev.de
Sat Apr 4 01:36:10 CEST 2015

Hello libav-users,

I'm just getting started with using libav and it is hard to find any
sample code, except for what is in the doc/examples folder of the
source tree [1].

More specifically, I'd like to create a RTP video streaming server in C.
The closest thing to an example code was this [2] on stackoverflow -
but it is said not to work well and also it doesn't compile with the
latest ffmpeg.

I've also tried to fork ffserver, but it also won't compile outside of
the ffmpeg source tree. Its main file, ffserver.c [3], has this infront
of most of the header files:

	// FIXME those are internal headers, ffserver _really_
	shouldn't use them

...so this also doesn't seem to be a good starting point either. I'm
wondering if such an RTP server is even possible without these internal
headers.

If it is, can someone please provide some readable example code, that
does nothing but serve a video over RTP?

Kind regards,
robotanarchy

[1]: http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=tree;f=doc/examples
[2]: