[Libav-user] libav - compiling examples error

Georg georgsteinbacher at gmx.net
Fri Aug 14 14:38:09 CEST 2015

Hello,

i am a beginner with libav and I try to get used to it with the example
programs in the doc/ folder.
My problem is now that I canĀ“t compile this programs without an 'undefined
reference to..' error.

Here is what I did:

I installed:
fdk-aac-0.1.4    with   ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-static
libav-11.4         with   ./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl
--disable-shared --enable-static --enable-version3 --enable-libfdk-aac

Then i try to compile the avcodec.c example from the doc/examples/ folder:
gcc avcodec.c -o example -lavutil -lm -lavcodec

This gives me the Errors:
.. undefined reference to av_frame_alloc
.. undefined reference to av_frame_free

Did I forgot to install a needed lib? Or do i need to link to another lib ?
Thank you for your help

Georg