[Libav-user] Maximize CPU usage when decoding h264

Yabo weiyabobeijing at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 03:13:18 CEST 2015

Hi,Winter:
    I met the same problem as you described:
http://libav-users.943685.n4.nabble.com/Libav-user-Maximize-CPU-usage-when-decoding-h264-td4659470.html

Do you have any solutions for this?

I find out that:
1,video A decode out 242 frames, but the avcodec_decode_video2() function
invoked 488 times. Maybe in video A, every frame has two frames: top filed
and bottom field, thus, every frame need invoked avcodec_decode_video2()
twice;
2, x264 encode interlace file, the number of decode out frames and the
avcodec_decode_video2() invoked times are the same. I think, x264 encode
interlace use MBAFF, top field and bottom field are in one frame, so it can
use over 300% CPU to do decoding.