[Libav-user] C++ FFmpeg distorted sound when converting audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Aug 18 18:44:34 CEST 2015

David Norgren <david.norgren at ...> writes:

> My current code opens an audio file, decodes the
> content and converts it into the MP4 container

This sentence sounds strange since you cannot
convert audio into a container...

> audioFrameConverted->format = audioCodecContext->sample_fmt;

I wonder if this is correct:
Do you actually convert from the audio format
that the decoder delivers (and that you cannot
know before you have opened the decoder) into
the format that the encoder expects (which,
again, is only known after you opened the
encoder)?

Carl Eugen