[Libav-user] Real-time stream broadcast using libav*

Anuj Pahuja kamikazeanuj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:15:49 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to write a C application for streaming video (frames being
generated one-by-one in real time) using FFmpeg libav*. I've tried using
the doc/examples/muxing.c as a reference and got it to work but while
sending a RTSP stream, it needs a server already listening on a URL before
it can run, which is not what I'm trying to do. I want to broadcast the
stream to a certain address so that anyone could connect to it. Basically,
an API version of this sort of command:

ffmpeg -y -loglevel warning -f dshow -i
video="screen-capture-recorder" -vf crop=690:388:136:0 -r 30 -s
962x388 -threads 2 -vcodec libx264 -vpre baseline -vpre my_ffpreset -f
flv rtmp:///live/myStream.sdp

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Cheers,
Anuj