[Libav-user] Updated libav/ffmpeg tutorial

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:51:33 CET 2015

Frankly, I thought that all alternatives should be considered _after_
av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp returned  AV_NOPTS_VALUE. At least the
name suggests so. Both Stephen and ffmplay versions checks for some prior
knowledge before even trying this function. Imho, If all heuristics is
inside av_frame_get_best_effort_timestamp and better and better from
version to version, this will be "best bet" for everyone. If single frame
is not enough  then this function might require the last packet or
something like this, but moving all the complexity inside it will remove
large part of confusion