[Libav-user] RTSP Connection timeout

yari mattei yari.mattei at student.supsi.ch
Wed Jun 17 10:00:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

this is the piece of code responsable of open the stream :

     const char *filename = "rtsp://hostname/live.sdp";

     av_register_all();
     avformat_network_init();

     AVFormatContext *pFormatCtx = NULL;

     // Open video file
     if (avformat_open_input(&pFormatCtx, filename, NULL, NULL) != 0){
         std::cout << "could not open file " << filename << std::endl;
         return -1; // Couldn't open file
     }else{
         std::cout << "video opened" << std::endl;
     }

The problem is that when the host is down the function
avformat_open_input does not return any value, it just stay there forever.

Best,
Yari