[Libav-user] r2538 and libx264

Talgorn François-Xavier fxtalgorn at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 21 21:09:05 CEST 2015

Hello Ali,

I don't know about r2538 using FFMEPG, but you can encode x264 in two ways :
1) Either using the x264 internal codec of FFMPEG and the regular way of using such codecs (find, allocate context, open, etc...).
2) Or use the external libx264 library (need of course to add the lib path for the compiler: /opt/local/lib/libx264.a in my case)

For the performance question, the external libx264 library is said to be better in terms of performance.
I never used/test it so I can't tell.

Good luck.