[Libav-user] Just use SAP/SDP service discovery protocol from libs?

g-makulik at t-online.de g-makulik at t-online.de
Tue Mar 10 21:27:54 CET 2015

Hi there,

I want to use ffmpeg API's capabilities to handle the SAP/SDP service announcements as a client on an embedded device. Is it possible to narrow the lib down (by configuration) just to use the features for listening to SAP frames, and decode the SDP announcements?

The actual AV stream receive and processing will happen on the hardware of this device (FPGA implementation). I just need that SDP information to be published from the device, to help with configuration for available sources from the current TCP/IP network environment.
My device is running a ARM based linux currently.

Best regards,
Günther