[Libav-user] MPEG2-TS input encoding for HLS adaptive playing

Ondrej Novy novy at ondrej.org
Fri Mar 20 12:05:59 CET 2015

hi, i have this project: I'm receiving continuous mpeg2-ts and saving it to
disk splitted by size, for example 32 MB. Then i want to encode this input
to 3 profiles (bitrates/resolution) i-frame aligned, splitted by time (10s)
for HLS adaptive playing. It's  no problem to code something which reads
this chunks from disk, and send it to libav for
demuxing/decoding/encoding/muxing. But I want to have way to restart this
process and start from last encoded 10s chunk.

How can I know which data from input is already processed and which isn't?
It's good idea to use ffmpeg/libav for this project?

Thank you.

--
S pozdravem/Best regards
 Bc. Ondrej Novy