[Libav-user] enumerating codec_tags

Steffen.Roeber at hella.com Steffen.Roeber at hella.com
Fri May 22 07:58:43 CEST 2015

Hi,
is there any way to iterate through all codec_tags of an AVOutputFormat
without using the private header internal.h? I need that header because
AVCodecTag is there.
Currently I'm trying something like:
auto enumFormat = av_guess_format(nullptr, qPrintable(extension), nullptr
);
for (uint32 i = 0; enumFormat->codec_tag && enumFormat->codec_tag[i]; ++i)
        {
          auto tag = enumFormat->codec_tag[i];

          while (tag->id != AV_CODEC_ID_NONE)
          {
            encoder = avcodec_find_encoder(tag->id);

            if (encoder && encoder->type == AVMEDIA_TYPE_VIDEO &&
av_codec_is_encoder(encoder))
            {
//...
            }

            ++tag;
          }
        }
What I need, are all codec that are supported by a AVOutputFormat.

Kind regards
Steffen