[Libav-user] Retrieval of side data from matroska file

Bartelme, John john.bartelme at lmco.com
Thu Nov 5 17:13:20 CET 2015

I'm using version 2.7.2 and I'm trying to retrieve block additional side data from a matroska file.  Whenever I do an av_read_frame the side data is missing in the resulting packet.  Debugging matroskadec.c I can see that the side data is being read into the internal packet but it looks like this data is lost when it is copied over in matroska_deliver_packet as that only memcpy's the AVPacket structure.  Is there a different way I should be doing this to get access to the side data in my file?  I'm also concerned there may be a memory leak when an mkv file contains side data as the internal queue packets are only freed with av_freep in matroska_deliver_packet vs using av_free_packet like is used in matroska_clear_queue, but I may be missing something.

Thanks, John Bartelme