[Libav-user] pts < dts error

YIRAN LI mrfun.china at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:14:29 CEST 2015

> YIRAN LI <mrfun.china at ...> writes:
>
> > pts = 0, dts = 0
> > pts = 2, dts = 1
>
> > Can someone give any suggestion how to do in this case?
>
> Add max_bframes (1 in your case) to pts.
>
> ​Hi Carl,

Do you mean add 1 directly onto original PTS?

​So

pts = 0, dts = 0     ->  pts = 1, dts = 0
pts = 2, dts = 1      ->  pts = 3, dts = 1
pts = 1, dts = 2      ->  pts = 2, dts = 2

Will this change cause any problem? (the first frame has non-zero pts and
there file has non-zero offset?)

And does this mean, for any encoders that can generate B frames, I need to
do similar pre-processing before calling av_write_frame()? So if I don't
know possible max B frames, then I can't use av_write_frame to correctly
mux?

Thanks

​