[Libav-user] libavformat RTP management

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Oct 23 14:28:06 CEST 2015

William MANCON <wmancon at ...> writes:

> I tried recently to encode into VP8 using libav.

Just to make sure: On this mailing list, only the
libraries from the FFmpeg project are supported.

> I used the "rtp" format for the fmtctx. Just after
> the call to avcodec_encode_video I tried to reach
> for the RTP VP8 payload descriptor and I never
> found the correct header in the output of the
> encoding function.

I suspect the payload descriptor is not added by
the encoder function (which is in libavcodec) but
by the muxer (in libavformat).

You should be able to use ffmpeg (the command line
tool) to test.

Carl Eugen