[Libav-user] avcodec_encode_video2 usage question

Arthur Muller muller at vki.com
Wed Sep 2 00:05:50 CEST 2015

Hi Talgorn,

I found a way to make it work but don’t really know why this is the case.
The original example had “emit one intra frame every frame at most”, with
c->gop_size = 12.

I changed that to 1, and everything seems to work just fine.

Also, I have a bitmap image of each frame. I convert each image to YUV
format – which I verify with yuvplayer. Since the change above seems to have
made it all work out, this is probably what needed to be done. But I would
appreciate it if somebody could give me a brief explanation or point me to
one.

Thanks.

Arthur Muller
Visual Kinematics, Inc.