[Libav-user] Stuck in avformat_write_header when using RTSP

Yu Ang Tan isoboy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 06:00:40 CEST 2016

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 at 16:40 Luka Petrinsak <lukapetrinsakx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure it gets stuck right there? Did you try to printf something
> behind if statement? Btw you are registering codecs twice with
> av_register_all and avcodec_ register_all, maybe thats giving you problems.

Hi Luka,

Yes I am sure. I was debugging the code one line at a time, and upon
reaching avformat_write_header() it fails to return.

However, I have found that I can exit the blocking function by setting
AVFormatContext::interrupt_callback
<https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2015-June/008208.html> [1].

Which brings me to my next problem. Upon returning from
avformat_write_header(), I am unable to find out what went wrong. The
av_strerror() only gives "Immediate exit requested", which tells me that I
have exited the function, nothing else.

[1] https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2015-June/008208.html

--
Ang