[Libav-user] License Model LGPL and static linking

Pokriefke, Sven S.Pokriefke at abus-sc.com
Fri Apr 22 11:30:09 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am the head of the software development of the company ABUS Security Center in Germany. ABUS Security Center is part of the ABUS Group and we are acting as a manufacturer of security products. We are on the market since 1924 and one of the leading companies which provides the full range of products regarding security for households and companies.

In our software department we would like to use your very good and fine working library ffmpeg, which can be licensed under LGPL. Regarding the aspect that we are developing security products, we would like to link your library statically instead of dynamical, which is demanded by LGPL license. We want to do that because we want to guarantee our customer that the product is working very stable and the customer shall not have the chance to make the product unstable by exchanging the library with a different version.

All other aspects in LGPL license are very good and really acceptable from our side especially conditions like publishing changed source code, displaying the information that ffmpeg is used ...

Is there any chance to do so? Maybe you also have other ideas, which you could share with us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Sven Pokriefke
Leiter / Head of Development Software Application

ABUS Security-Center GmbH & Co. KG
Wildrosenweg 3
24119 Kronshagen (Germany)
Telefon
Telefax

+49 431 31 97 96-69
+49 (0) 431 / 319979 - 3

s.pokriefke at abus-sc.com
<mailto:s.pokriefke at abus-sc.com>www.abus.com<http://www.abus.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01D19C8A.5385E9C0]
Geschäftsführer: Benjamin Pflaum, Hartwig Krauss ABUS Security-Center GmbH & Co. KG: Sitz der Gesellschaft: 58300 Wetter, Amtsgericht Hagen Nr. HRA 5212
Pers. haftende Gesellschafterin: ABUS Security GmbH: Sitz der Gesellschaft: 58300 Wetter, Amtsgericht Hagen Nr. HRB 5427
Ust-IdNr.: DE 201857368; St.-Nr.: 348/5726/2815; WEEE-Reg Nr.:DE 65915284, Finanzamt Witten

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail und deren Anhänge.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren, die unberechtigte Veröffentlichung sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail
oder des Inhalts ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and any attachments.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or circulation of the message or the
contents of this message is strictly prohibited.