[Libav-user] Error while setting fps filter value

Przemysław Sobala przemyslaw.sobala at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:15:41 CEST 2016

W dniu 18.04.2016 o 11:18, Przemysław Sobala pisze:
> Hello
> I'm trying to add the fps video filter to my filter chain.
> I set the 'fps' option using:
>
>     av_opt_set_video_rate(fps_filter_ctx, "fps", (AVRational) {15,1},
> AV_OPT_SEARCH_CHILDREN);
>
> but after that I can see an error log entry:
>
>     [fps] Value 15.000000 for parameter 'fps' out of range [0 - 0]
>
> After using
>
>     av_opt_set(fps_filter_ctx, "fps", "15", AV_OPT_SEARCH_CHILDREN);
>
> everything works fine but I'm not in favour of AVRational -> char[] ->
> AVRational conversion
I've figured out, that there are two things missing:
1) "fps" AVOption is missing minimum and maximum valid values (vf_fps.c)
- hence my "out of range" error, but even after adding those I got
"Invalid argument" error, because...
2) write_number function (opt.c) is missing a case for
"AV_OPT_TYPE_VIDEO_RATE"

I could create a patch if you agree with me, just tell me what fps
AVOption value boundaries to set?
--
Regards
Przemysław Sobala