[Libav-user] Dumping RTSP(H264) stream to container

Leandro Raffo ljraffo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:25:16 EEST 2016

Hello,

As the title say I'm trying to remux(I dont know if this is the correct
term) a rtsp h264 stream into a container(mp4). I've been fiddling with the
remuxing example given in the documentation for ffmpeg 3.1 (
https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/3.1/remuxing_8c-example.html) with no avail.
I know I can read the frames because I wrote them to disk (decode ->
encoded, not in h264 might i say so.). So I'm having troubles with the
writing them raw part (writing the frames without an decode/encode
pipeline).
I'm also a bit lost with the dts and pts in this part, how would this work
for an encoded stream?.

These are the errors I'm getting when remuxing from two files

[mp4 @ 0x1d869e0] Using AVStream.codec.time_base as a timebase hint to the
muxer is deprecated. Set AVStream.time_base instead.
[mp4 @ 0x1d869e0] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers
is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
[mp4 @ 0x1d869e0] Using AVStream.codec.time_base as a timebase hint to the
muxer is deprecated. Set AVStream.time_base instead.
[mp4 @ 0x1d869e0] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers
is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
[mp4 @ 0x1d869e0] track 1: codec frame size is not set
[mp4 @ 0x1d869e0] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is
deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the
timestamps properly

And when remuxing from the rtsp stream

[avi @ 0x18d1fe0] Using AVStream.codec.time_base as a timebase hint to the
muxer is deprecated. Set AVStream.time_base instead.
[avi @ 0x18d1fe0] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers
is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
[avi @ 0x18d1fe0] Application provided invalid, non monotonically
increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: 15 >= 6

Thanks in advance.