[Libav-user] Can not link ffmpeg without pkg-config

Javier Lopez jlopez2022 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:28:03 EEST 2016

I simplified a few using the pkg-config to one call by using both flags:
--clibs and --cflags:

gcc  -o ffmpeg_player ffmpeg_player_01.c -Wall -ggdb $(pkg-config --cflags
--libs libavformat libavcodec libswresample libswscale libavutil sdl) -lm

And it worked!

I also tried to compile without the pkg-config adding all dependencies:

gcc  -o ffmpeg_player ffmpeg_player_01.c -Wall -ggdb -lavformat -lvdpau
-lva -lva-drm -lva-x11 -lxcb -lxcb-shm -lxcb -lxcb-xfixes -lxcb-render
-lxcb-shape -lX11 -lasound -lSDL -lx264 -lmp3lame -lfdk-aac -lm -lz
-pthread -lavcodec -lvdpau -lswresample -lswscale -lavutil -lSDL

Still I have following error: libavcodec/libx264.c:814: undefined reference
to `x264_encoder_open_148'

I listed all dependencies of libavcodec and all of them where included,
perhaps order minds.