[Libav-user] custom av_log callback receiving incorrect format specifiers from h264 module

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 01:56:29 EET 2016

> So, to this day, there is no self contained Visual Studio project, not requiring
> MSYS2 or YASM, one can assemble or download that compiles and builds
> ffmpeg? I am asking here because the large volume of older ffmpeg news
> makes finding such information very time consuming, if not fruitless.

Fortunately, there is no need to search for older documentation,
as there is an up-to-date one:
http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#toc-Microsoft-Visual-C_002b_002b-or-Intel-C_002b_002b-Compiler-for-Windows

The guide you linked uses strange / wrong configure options, so I cannot
really recommend it.

As said, the relevant question to fix the issue you reported is:
Does mingw support the I (capitel I) format specifier?

Carl Eugen