[Libav-user] modified muxing.c demo - want to encode lossless .mp4

Stephane Poirier stephane.poirier at oifii.org
Wed Jan 20 12:55:22 CET 2016

Hi All,

I am new to ffmpeg library and modified muxing.c demo (written by
Fabrice Bellard) so I gather audio from a file using libsndfile and
create frames (based on audio) in AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24 format. It currently
encode the stream pix format with AV_PIX_FMT_YUV420P.

Here's my code:
http://www.oifii.org/ns-org/nsd/ar/cp/audio_spi/spiffmpegmuxingspectrum_qt2016/spiffmpegmuxingspectrum_qt2016.c

My question is: How can I encode lossless .mp4? Do I have to change the
stream pix format to AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24? Do I have to install a codec that
support that pix format?

Steph