[Libav-user] How to decode only 2d video from 3d content

applemax82 at 163.com applemax82 at 163.com
Sun Jun 12 18:25:02 CEST 2016

Hi Carl

>> How to only get 2d video via ffmpeg lib?

>Isn't this exactly what current FFmpeg does if you feed it with MVC?

I found one way to get 2d video from 3d content by using video filter, such as crop filter or stereo3d. But I don't how know the stereo3d type of 3d video. Different stereo3d type leads to differnt parameters for video filter. How to check media files contain 3d video and how to know what stereo3d type it has? Thanks!

B.R.

Andrew

> H.264 MVC allows decoder is only able to decode base view for 3d video.

Yes, I think so.

> How to only get 2d video via ffmpeg lib?

Isn't this exactly what current FFmpeg does if you feed it with MVC?

Carl Eugen