[Libav-user] Fwd: Encoding with no compression with OpenH264

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Mar 8 09:39:17 CET 2016

Stephane Poirier <stephane.poirier at ...> writes:

> I don't know if it can help, but I am encoding raw video (no
> compression whatsoever) using codec AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO
> with pixformat AV_PIX_FMT_RGB24 in container .avi file.

> The .avi generated are huge but high quality.

They are only lossless if your input was RGB (which is
generally less likely than other pix_fmts).

> I too, am looking for some lossless compression but I haven't
> found any way yet.

There are many lossless encoders in FFmpeg, both common ones
like png and huffyuv, and less common ones like ljpeg and
jpegls. FFV1 is a lossless codec developed within FFmpeg that
is currently standardized.

Please remember not to top-post here, Carl Eugen