[Libav-user] Encoding with no compression with OpenH264

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Mar 9 14:40:47 CET 2016

Arthur Muller <muller at ...> writes:

> I assume that by default it does not keep the png files.
>
> 1) How could I force it to do just that?

Use -vcodec copy (or -vcodec png to make sure the original
encoder didn't do anything very stupid).

> >>     Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (libopenh264) ([33][0][0][0] / 0x0021),
> >> yuv420p, 1536x856, q=2-31, 200 kb/s,
> > If you want to keep this (known to be bad quality) encoder,
> > you have to use a very high bitrate if you want the best
> > possible quality.
> > Test with something like -b:v 20k
>
> No visible difference between the 2 files.

This indicates that either you have done something wrong
or the task ("use yuv420p h264 but please don't use any
quality") was impossible (or the encoder is really
complete crap which I don't know).

Carl Eugen