[Libav-user] Building static FFmpeg libs for Windows 64-bit application

Igor R. boost.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:45:02 CET 2016

> > I build static FFmpeg libs for Windows 64 bit.
>
> Why don't you build both FFmpeg and your application with
> VS? I would assume that would reduce issues.

Well, last time I built ffmpeg, this great feature didn't exist... :)
Now I'm trying to follow the guide provided by you and Weiß Christoph, but C
compiler test fails with "c99wrap cl is unable to create an executable file".
Cl.exe and link.exe are the right ones, c99wrap.exe path is in $PATH,
inttypes.h is also available.
Is there any additional diagnostics that I can get from configure script?

> Mostly unrelated:
> The following options have no effect, I suggest you remove them:
> --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-yasm
> This option was needed a long time ago, it should not be needed
> anymore: --enable-memalign-hack

Ok, thanks!