[Libav-user] Is video orientation supported in3gp/mp4 in FFmpeg/libav?

Yisheng Zhao yz1134 at nyu.edu
Tue Mar 29 16:25:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have tried the metadata in ffmpeg command line application (ffmpeg -i
input.mp4 -metadata:s:v rotate="0" -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mp4),
but seems it changes the matrix in tkhd globally...
I also googled a lot for the sample 3gp/mp4 file, but I haven't found any
yet.

However, in 3gpp ts 26.244
http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/126200_126299/126244/12.03.00_60/ts_126244v120300p.pdf,
6.11
CVOSampleEntry box, it describes the 3gvo box, but I got confused where to
get the frame number for rotation and how to connect data reference boxes
to 3gvo  box.

Thanks again for your help~:P

Best,
Yisheng