[Libav-user] Which codec/parser/filter I missed to open a MP4 file ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu May 19 15:51:27 CEST 2016

hanguofu <hanguofu at ...> writes:
> C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\win32\source\ffmpeg28>.\ffmpeg_g.exe
> -loglevel "debug" -i h264_aac.mp4

This command line looks different from the one you tested on
Linux, you need the "mov" demuxer to make this working, the
m4v demuxer allows to read raw asp files.

> ffmpeg version 2.8

This is old and unsupported.

Unrelated:
The following options have no effect, I suggest you remove them:
--enable-ffmpeg
--enable-debug
--enable-runtime-cpudetect
--enable-yasm
--enable-static
The following options do have an effect but you may not want it:
--enable-memalign-hack (this is not needed since a long time)
--enable-w32threads

Please do not top-post here, please set your mailer to
text-only, Carl Eugen